Date: 1/8/20 11:38 am
From: Chuq Von Rospach via Groups.Io <chuqui=<mac.com...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Ulistac 1/8

Did my morning walk at Ulistac this morning. Some nice birds cooperated to make it even more fun.

The really unexpected bird this morning was a female/immature Townsend’s Warbler, found in the one still-flowering eucalyptus tree along the main path in the south part of the park. I got multiple good views of it over about 30 seconds as it flitted about.  The rest of the tree was filled with (somewhat surprisingly) white-crowned sparrows going after the nectar, and surrounded on the ground by California Towhees and Scrub Jays.

I walked the park south to north, then back along the street. Near station 2 I found a fairly bright orange crowned warbler. Near the levee in a tree I found three cedar waxwings; I later saw a larger flock of them in flight twice. Two or three Ruby-Crowned Kinglets, a number of Yellow-rumped warblers (one partially into breeding colors) and  an American Robin (perhaps 2) also showed up, the robin’s being a bit of surprise to me here this time of year. Other than that, usual suspects: 3 anna’s hummingbirds, bushtits, mockingbirds, white and golden crowned sparrows and many California towhees. I heard a woodpecker twice, probably Nutall’s but I didn’t feel I could list it.

---------------------------------------

Chuq Von Rospach http://www.chuqui.com
Email: <chuqui...>
Twitter: @chuq
Silicon Valley, California

(formerly <chuqvr...> Same me, less google)

View/Reply Online (#20960): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/20960
-=-=-
-=-=-
Group Owner: southbaybirds+<owner...>