Date: 1/8/20 2:59 am
From: David Provencher via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] CT Big January numbers to date
I'll be away from CT for a bit so I wanted to do an update on how birders
are doing on their CT Big Januarys. Below are the current leaders (two
highest current totals for each) in the state and in each county. Remember
we're doing county lists as well and you may want to only do a county, I
myself am only birding New London County this month (unless a Ross's Gull
shows up somewhere else in CT!). Big Januarys are an opportunity to share
birding and expand our passion to others, so please try and keep no
secrets, share sightings on CTBirds. As those of us who have been around
for a minute know, secrecy has never been good for the birding community.
Okay off the soapbox and on to the numbers.

To date in January 2020 151 species have been reported in CT. The current
leaders are:

Connecticut: Eli Holton 99, Frank Mantlik 93/Dave Provencher 93
Fairfield County: Frank Mantlik 91, Aidan Kiley 86
New Haven County: Marianne Vahey 70, Chris Loscalzo 70
Middlesex County: Chris Petherick 55, Tim Antanaitis 35
New London County: Dave Provencher 93, Phil Rusch 78
Litchfield County: Ray Belding 41, Nicolas Main 41
Hartford County: Paul Cianfaglione 67, Maggie Peretto 64
Tolland County: Dave Mathieu 43, Michael Curtis 31
Windham County: Robert Dixon 25, Andrea Perko 24/Mike Perko 24

All numbers according to eBird. Hopefully I didn't spell anyone's name
wrong! Good luck everyone, I'll be back birding CT later this month and
will give further updates.

Dave Provencher
Preston