Date: 1/7/20 10:39 am
From: Becky Reyes <breyes...>
Subject: [texbirds] Edinburg World Birding Center
Hi everyone,
Its always a fun bird walk when there are a lot of small birds moving
through the trees which is what we experience. Even though most of those
birds were Yellow-rumped Warblers, it was always nice to get better views
each time we saw one. The Green Kingfisher spent its time on the low
branches at the Canal and one was spotted on low branches at South Pond.
The Ringed was chattering loudly but stayed low too due to the light wind
blowing. All talk but no show.:) There have been different ducks showing up
at South Pond which is always worth visiting sometimes the teals are there,
then sometimes Ring-necked Ducks, Ruddy Ducks and Lesser scaups. Below is
this morning's bird list.

Happy Birding!!

Northern Shoveler 1

Gadwall 2

Mottled Duck 6

Ring-necked Duck 3

Lesser Scaup 5

Ruddy Duck 2

Plain Chachalaca 10

Pied-billed Grebe 4

Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) 5

Inca Dove 2

Buff-bellied Hummingbird 1

American Coot 2

Killdeer 1

Least Sandpiper 3

Anhinga 4

Neotropic Cormorant 68

Double-crested Cormorant 11

American White Pelican 3

Great Blue Heron 3

Great Egret 4

Snowy Egret 3

Tricolored Heron 1

Cattle Egret 28

Black-crowned Night-Heron 8

Yellow-crowned Night-Heron 2

Red-tailed Hawk 1

Ringed Kingfisher 1

Belted Kingfisher 2

Green Kingfisher 2

Golden-fronted Woodpecker 1

Great Kiskadee 3

Tropical Kingbird 1

White-eyed Vireo 1

Black-crested Titmouse 2

Verdin 1

Ruby-crowned Kinglet 10

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 8

House Wren 2

European Starling 7

Curve-billed Thrasher 1

Long-billed Thrasher 4

Northern Mockingbird 2

Lesser Goldfinch 6

Olive Sparrow 1

Lincoln's Sparrow 1

Great-tailed Grackle 2

Orange-crowned Warbler 4

Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle) 11

Wilson's Warbler 2

Northern Cardinal 5

*Becky Reyes*

Naturalist Educator

Edinburg Scenic Wetlands & World Birding Center

PO Box 1079

714 Raul Longoria Rd

Edinburg, Texas 78540

956.381.9922 O 956.381-0175 F