Date: 1/6/20 4:12 pm
From: Steven Tucker via Groups.Io <talkingtrees80=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] 2019 5 Mile Radius Results (San Jose/Los Gatos)
Hi all,
As some of you know, last year I birded intensively in my 5 mile radius, which is centered on the Los Capitancillos Ponds. Since I know there is growing interest in 5MR birding I thought I would break it down and do one more big blog post on the subject and share that here (link below). But long story short, I finished the year with 186 species in my radius (187 including European Goldfinch), found some nice county rare/radius rare species, gained new appreciation and insight into the status and distribution of birds close to home, and discovered some new places to bird. Thanks especially to Ann Verdi for providing lots of tips and advice (and finding some quality birds) throughout the year.
Radius Roundup: Lessons and Results From a 5MR "Big Year", and The Shortest Big Day

| | |

| |
Radius Roundup: Lessons and Results From a 5MR "Big Year", and The Short...

A Ruby-crowned Kinglet unleashes a terrifying bellow into the chilly radius air. Photographed on the Guadalupe R...

Steve TuckerSan Jose

View/Reply Online (#20957): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/20957
-=-=-
-=-=-