Date: 1/6/20 3:58 pm
From: Bill Bousman <barlowi...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Palo Alto WQCP (Palm Warbler)
Folks:

This morning, 1/6/20, I visited the southern side of the Palo Alto
WQCP.  The wintering PALM WARBLER was very active in the medium-sized
eucaplypts not far from the gravel road, most of the time about 10-20 m
from the planted area with its mulch.  As with many of the yellow-rumps
in the area, it has been feeding on nectar of the eucalypts.  It has
lost some of the feathers adjacent to its bill.  Others on the crown are
black and matted.  The damage makes the bill look especially long (but
only because in normal situations, those lost feathers cover the base of
the bill and provide what we infer as its length).

Bill Bousman
Menlo Park

View/Reply Online (#20956): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/20956
-=-=-