Date: 1/6/20 12:15 pm
From: perrier04 via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Black Squirrel - Washington, CT
About 70 years ago, Frank Stanley Beverage, founder of Stanley Home Products, introduced a handful of black squirrels to what is now Stanley Park, in Westfield, MA. They have spread from there. I have seen them as far as Amherst, MA. Some have crossed the Connecticut River. They are in Suffield, CT, and I have seen at least one in Enfield. Not all are pure black. Some mixed-bloods look rather strange.

Michael Santner
Westfield, MA