Date: 1/6/20 10:47 am
From: Tammy Eustis via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Black Squirrel - Washington, CT
We had a black squirrel in our yard in Chester through November and
December - haven't seen it in a couple of weeks. It was so distinctive,
bounding through the back woods. Would only spend a short time under the
feeders, and ventured onto our deck only once. Not as sociable as the
grey ones, it seems.
I've seen black squirrels a couple of times - the first was about 30
years ago, in Essex. And then there was a colony of albino squirrels on
Baker Road in Chester for a few years. They're really neat; look like
Persian cats running through the trees.
:-)
Tammy Eustis
Chester, CT