Date: 1/6/20 10:14 am
From: John D Babington via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Black Squirrel - Washington, CT
Came home late this morning and my Mother reported seeing a black eastern squirrel being chased by a gray eastern squirrel. Just noted the black squirrel behind the house. The black squirrel is a melanistic subgroup of the Eastern Gray Squirrel. Not sure if I have seen a black squirrel in CT before. When I lived in NJ I would see them on the campus of Princeton University.
David W BabingtonWashington, CT