Date: 1/5/20 6:59 pm
From: Charlie La Rosa <charlie.larosa...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Gold finches
I have just started seeing a trickle of goldfinches coming in. Five today.
A welcome addition today was a single female evening grosbeak. Hope she
returns and brings her friends. Not as many nuthatches as last year but do
have both species. No purple finches. Plenty of chickadees and blue jays.
Juncos daily. Fewer woodpeckers than normal. Occasional turkeys. Flock of
Canadas flew over just recently.

Charlie La Rosa
So. Washington

*“The solution to any problem---work, love, money, whatever---is to go
fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be.”*

~ John Gierach, from *Standing in a River Waving a Stick*

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 1:06 PM Mitchell Harrison <
<000002ef5c1f1853-dmarc-request...> wrote:

> And I thought I had a lot with the 20-25 on and beneath our feeders
> recently. Also had a red-bellied woodpecker this morning which was nice.
> Mitch HarrisonAlstead, NH
> On Sunday, January 5, 2020, 11:28:41 AM EST, Maeve Kim <
> <maevulus...> wrote:
>
> We have a giant flock of goldfinches also. They’re hard to count, but it
> looks like at least 55 - 70.
> Maeve Kim, Jericho Center
>
> > On Jan 5, 2020, at 10:55 AM, Mundi Smithers <amen1farm...> wrote:
> >
> > Some of you have written to say that you are experiencing a dearth of
> Goldfinches. I have just counted about 75 at my feeders and on the ground
> beneath them. I feed shelled sunflower seed and they are eating me out of
> house and home.
> >
> > The usual visitors are here as well enjoying the sunflower seeds, suet
> and shelled peanuts. By the way the shelled peanuts are considered most
> desirable bu the woodpeckers, chickadees and Tufted titmice.
> >
> > I wish that I could report a Redbreasted Nuthatch, alas he/she has not
> returned this year. I remain ever hopeful.
> >
> > Happy New Year to all
> >
> > Mundi
> > North Pownal
> >

> > Mundi Smithers
> >

> > The greatest tragedy in mankind's enitire history may be the hijacking
> of morality by religion.
> > Arthur C Clarke (1917-2008)

Join us on Facebook!