Date: 1/5/20 5:33 pm
From: Yong Kong <yklitespeed...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] My Mizpah CBC area
Keith Phillips and I did our usual Mizpah CBC area, but this year without our third teammate Dan Crum, as he had deal with last minute family obligations. Dan is our raptor finder.

We ended the day with 44 species and we tried for the 45th by looking for late day perched red-tailed hawk , fly by great blue heron against the glowing sunset sky, or a utility line perched rock pigeon at the WaWa gas station. Sadly, the Bird god would not let us have the 45th bird for the day.

My morning started on the un-feathered path when I found out I left my bins and camera in the garage when I met up with Keith at WaWa at 8AM. Whole lot of 75 MPH plus driving back home to get the bins-camera worked to perfection, But not on the way back to my Mizpah CBC circle. Pulled over for speeding, on the phone with Keith, no seat belt. Police-dude let me go with only one violation that goes with no points. Only ticket, Seat Belt for $46.

Our total target species number was set at 45 before we got started. Why not aim for high numbers for our particular Mizpah CBC circle that is most likely not attainable ? We were so close. How ?

We lucked out by surprise discovery of one very bright plumage Palm Warbler and one male Pine Warbler. Both birds were found by chance on the front lawns of residential homes, on the same street.

I am too exhausted to put my doc photos of Palm and Pine Warblers on my Flicker or even on Atlantic County ebird. So just take it or leave it as to the stories of birds I find and no proof.

Yong Kong
Camden County

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>