Date: 1/5/20 3:04 pm
From: Steven Tucker via Groups.Io <talkingtrees80=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Possible Clay-colored Sparrow ?? at TJ Martin Park
The pale lores is unusual but I think the poorly defined bottom of the auricular patch, broken eyering, and lack of buffy tones in the breast/underparts make this a Chipping.
Steve TuckerSan Jose
On Sunday, January 5, 2020, 02:39:49 PM PST, Brooke Miller via Groups.Io <idbirds=<me.com...> wrote:

I birded TJ Martin Park this morning, finding at least 7 CHIPPING SPARROWS.  I am going through my photos and found one bird that I’m wondering if it is a Clay-colored Sparrow.  It’s got the dark mustache, buffy supercillium, and pale lores.  Unfortunately, the photos show the bird in the shade, and partially obscured by grass.  I’m attaching the photos to this email and asking for help in determining this bird’s ID.
Thanks,Brooke MillerSan Jose

View/Reply Online (#20950): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/20950
-=-=-
-=-=-