Date: 1/5/20 10:06 am
From: Mitchell Harrison <000002ef5c1f1853-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Gold finches
And I thought I had a lot with the 20-25 on and beneath our feeders recently. Also had a red-bellied woodpecker this morning which was nice.
Mitch HarrisonAlstead, NH
On Sunday, January 5, 2020, 11:28:41 AM EST, Maeve Kim <maevulus...> wrote:

We have a giant flock of goldfinches also. They’re hard to count, but it looks like at least 55 - 70.
Maeve Kim, Jericho Center

> On Jan 5, 2020, at 10:55 AM, Mundi Smithers <amen1farm...> wrote:
>
> Some of you have written to say that you are experiencing a dearth of Goldfinches. I have just counted about 75 at my feeders and on the ground beneath them. I feed shelled sunflower seed  and they are eating me out of house and home.
>
> The usual visitors are here as well enjoying the sunflower seeds, suet and shelled peanuts. By the way the shelled peanuts are considered most desirable bu the woodpeckers, chickadees and Tufted titmice.
>
> I wish that I could report a Redbreasted Nuthatch, alas he/she has not returned this year. I remain ever hopeful.
>
> Happy New Year to all
>
> Mundi
> North Pownal
>

> Mundi Smithers
>

> The greatest tragedy in mankind's enitire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion.
> Arthur C Clarke (1917-2008)

Join us on Facebook!