Date: 1/5/20 9:17 am
From: sfogleman <sfogleman...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] birding in panama?
Glenn,   My husband and I will be birding in Panama in February also.  This will be my 3d trip. I have not  been to Boca, so I can't advise you about that,  however I will HIGHLY recommend any of the Canopy birding lodges (Tower,  Lodge,  Camp). The guides are topnotch.  We'll be staying at two of the lodges this trip.    Also if you're interested,  I can also recommend a couple of independent (and excellent) guides if you contact me privately.    Buen viaje! Susan FoglemanCampton NHSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Charles Gangas <0000051a71a2f355-dmarc-request...> Date: 1/5/20 8:46 AM (GMT-05:00) To: <VTBIRD...> Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] birding in panama? Glenn,I have birded (photographed) in Panama numerous times as my career took me to Panama City frequently. I have a contact for a guide in-country who is exceptional, as he helped me get into position to photograph numerous (and rare) species. If you PM my address below I can offer my recommendations  privately.Best,Chuck <Gangasdashlast...> my photography on:Instagram.com/charlesgangas.photography> On Jan 5, 2020, at 08:28, Glenn Etter <glennetterjr...> wrote:> > Sorry to bother here, but we have finally saved up, and my son (9 years> old) and I are going to Panama this February for a mostly birding trip.> > Has anyone here been birding in Panama?  Any advice on places to go, local> guides, or places to stay (airbnb or ecolodges) would be much appreciated.> Our tentative plan is to spend half our time in Bocas del Toro, half> elsewhere.> > As some of you know, Finn is very into birds :)  So, thanks for any help!> Glenn (and Finn)> > p.s. on the Vermont side, we're having much fewer birds at our feeder this> year, and I still haven't seen any snow buntings.  Not sure why... Finn saw> a small flock of snow buntings at Shelburne Farms last month.

Join us on Facebook!