Date: 1/5/20 7:33 am
From: DAVID PATICK <patick...>
Subject: Huntington Christmas Count
Our Huntington CBC was held yesterday and 22 brave individuals persevered thru the rainy cool weather. We observed 70 species. We had tied the high for Ruby-crowned Kinglets at 19.For ducks, we saw 2 Wood Ducks,2 Gadwall,222 Mallards, 2 Ring-necked Ducks, 6 Hooded Mergansers and 2 Pied-billed Grebes. We also had 2 Wilson's Snipe. We had 10 Screech Owls,3 Great-horned Owls and 3 Barred Owls. The highlight of the count was finding an Orange-crowned Warbler in Proctorville, Ohio by Josh Holland's group at the northern part of our circle.

David Patick,
Huntington, WV 25701
Compiler

Join us on Facebook!