Date: 1/5/20 2:45 am
From: Harvey Tomlinson <oddbirdsin...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Long-eared Owl status
Hi Linda,
Thanks so much for your post. It's good to know steps are being taken to
help protect the Owls and keep them off the radar.
I had posted here earlier in the year about Snowy Owls and the responses I
got off line from some folks just made me shake my head.
I should have saved them and posted them publicly.
Some of the FB pages review each post so that should help.
If there is anything we as birders can to do fast track the eBird process
please let us know.
Good Birding,
Harvey Tomlinson
Del Haven, NJ

On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 10:22 AM lj.mack <lj.mack...> wrote:

> Long-eared Owl is listed in NJ as a Threatened species as per NJ DEP
> Division of Fish & Wildlife.If NJ eBird reviewers prepared & submitted
> documentation to eBird staff, at the minimum, specific locations and
> individual sightings could be blurred on maps and removed from alerts. The
> disturbance at known owl roost locations has increased dramatically, in
> part, due to the use of social media. Additionally, Northern Saw-whet and
> Snowy Owls would benefit. Linda MackMonmouth Beach, NJ Sent from my
> Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
>

> How to report NJ bird sightings: see <
> www.njbrc.com/index.php/reporting-rare-birds/>
> or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>