Date: 1/4/20 1:42 pm
From: Chris Johnson <ryanjohnson77...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Sierra Visa OSP SCVAS Walk
All,

This morning we caught good weather and enjoyed some nice specialties of Sierra Vista Open Space Preserve. We first walked the Aquila Loop Trail and later part of the Sierra Vista Trail. In the rocks near the parking lot we observed a Rock Wren (both sides of the road), and shortly after two Peregrine Falcons were observed on power poles. Nearing the end of the Aquila Loop Trail (walking clockwise) we had a flock of 20+ Horned Lark feeding on the ground along the trail (would be a short walk from parking lot if going counter-clockwise on Aquila Loop). There were also three Golden Eagles (two immatures and one adult) riding thermals along Sierra Vista Trail as the day warmed up.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S63007950

Good Birding!

Chris Johnson
San Jose, CA