Date: 1/4/20 5:26 am
From: Shilo McDonald <shilocm...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Dickcissel in Lynn on Jan 3rd
MassBirders,
Yesterday, for the first time ever, I found a Dickcissel in my back yard! Luckily, my camera was close by.

eBird Report with photos:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S62989713

Text only report, below my signature.

Good Birding,
Mr. Shilo McDonald, Lynn, MA
ShiloCM at Yahoo dot com

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ― Mahatma Gandhi

Shilo's Animal Sanctuary, Essex, Massachusetts, US
Jan 3, 2020 10:40 AM - 10:55 AM
Protocol: Stationary
Checklist Comments:    Backyard Birding and... Waitaminute! That's no House Sparrow! That's a Dickcissel! A new yard bird!
16 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose  1    A flyover. Heard only. Honking.
Mallard  3    Flyovers.
Mourning Dove  8
Herring Gull  2    Flyovers.
Accipiter sp.  1    Flew in and out fast. Everyone scattered. My attention was focused on the Dickcissel at the time. I only saw a blur of motion.
Downy Woodpecker  1    Female at the Squirrel Buster Suet Feeder.
Black-capped Chickadee  3
Tufted Titmouse  2
White-breasted Nuthatch  1
Carolina Wren  2    Also at the Squirrel Buster Suet Feeder.
House Sparrow  10
House Finch  2    2 males.
American Goldfinch  1    On the Finch Feeder.
White-throated Sparrow  4
Song Sparrow  1
Northern Cardinal  2
Dickcissel  1    Immature. First seen on the Squirrel Buster bird feeder. Then seen foraging on the ground beneath the feeder. A new yard bird! And on January 3rd!! Can YOU believe it?!? Well, in case you can't, lots of photos attached. :-)

Join us on Facebook!