Date: 1/3/20 6:37 pm
From: Frank Mantlik via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Greater White-fronted Goose X Canada Goose hybrid
1/3. Stratford - Subject goose hybrid seen today on ballfields behind Bunnell High School (Bulldog Lane). I first saw this goose 12/26 at Second Hill Lane School among the large flock of Canada’s that also contained the adult Barnacle Goose and it’s 5 Barnacle X Cackling Goose offspring. It has also been present on Wooster Park Pond (Freeman Ave).
I received word today from CO-based goose expert Steve Mlodinow that this is a GWFG X CANG hybrid.
Photos on eBird report:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S62639280

Frank Mantlik
Stratford