Date: 1/3/20 1:51 pm
From: John Nelson <jnelson...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Brookline Bird Club Young Birder Scholarships
As a reminder, the Brookline Bird Club is again offering two Young Birder
Scholarships to nurture interest in bird study and conservation among young
birders, and we ask that you pass the word along to any young birders you
might know and encourage them to apply. The 2020 scholarships will cover
the full cost ($1395) of the Coastal Maine Bird Studies for Teens program
at National Audubon’s Hog Island camp on June 16-21, 2020. The cost
includes housing, boat travel, and all meals. Scholarship recipients will
be responsible for transportation costs to and from the camp.

Applicants must be New England residents, ages 14-17 as of June 1, 2020,
and must submit a written application and two letters of reference.
Preference will be given to applicants with individual or family BBC
memberships. To be considered a member, an applicant may join the club at
the time of application. All nine of our scholarship recipients have had
tremendous adventures at Hog Island. “I truly had an unforgettable
experience at the Hog Island camp,” wrote 2018 recipient Sam Mroz in a
thank-you note to the BBC, “and I would not have been able to attend
without your sponsorship.”

References may be sent separately to the BBC or included with the young
birder’s application, but all completed applications and references must be
received by the BBC by February 15, 2020. Selection and notification of
recipients will be completed by February 29, 2020.

Click on www.brooklinebirdclub.org to go to the scholarship announcement on
the BBC home page and then click on the announcement to get links to the
instructions and application form.

John Nelson
Chair, BBC Conservation and Education Committee

Join us on Facebook!