Date: 1/2/20 7:03 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] 1/2 Cutler Park Sir Wrens-a-lot
Thanks to Paul Peterson for this report.

Barbara Volkle
Northborough, MA
<barb620...>

*

Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2020 22:46:58 +0000 (UTC)
From: Paul Peterson <petersonpaul63...>
Subject: 1/2 Cutler Park Sir Wrens-a-lot

Apparently all in search of Lady Guinivere.I had such a good time the
other day, so I came back for more. I birded here from 1:25-4:35. It is
six hundred acres. There is actually about five parking spots at the
pullover near the long boardwalk. The pullover is on Needham St. in
Dedham, on the Needham town line. Today, I had two MARSH WRENS and three
Swamp Sparrows responding to pishing near dusk on the boardwalk, about
three-fourths of the way down. ( a little bit earlier than the other day)

Common Merganser 8 Cow Island Pond
Hooded Merganser 1
Great Horned Owl 2  calling at dusk Pine Island
Hairy Woodpecker 1
FISH CROW 130 streaming overhead at beginning of Pine Island
Carolina Wren 4
WINTER WREN 2  one seen, one heard way distant from first one
MARSH WREN 2 SEE ABOVE; one each side of boardwalk
Swamp Sparrow 5  See Above
American Tree Sparrow 13 eight total from meadow before boardwalk and
boardwalk itself

Paul Peterson
<petersonpaul63...>
Boston