Date: 1/2/20 6:44 pm
From: Richard H <dmarc-noreply-modpost...> (Redacted sender richardhermosillo4 for DMARC)
Subject: [texbirds] Re: RFI Texas Counties
I felt Martin county was under birded. It was tough to break 100 species there but i eventually got to 144. New eBird hotspots were added in that county about a year ago. Go there and you should get a variety of birds. Take a 4 wheel drive or a high clearance vehicle as some spots are very sandy. I was stuck out there once.

I also intend to bird every county in Texas. I hope to find magpies in the area near Dalhart, Tx

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 2, 2020, at 8:30 AM, Dell Little <dellel1119...> wrote:

To all Texas county birding enthusiasts.

I am beginning to gather birding details for Texas counties. Obviously, I will need help from the community. In return, I will post any information I receive to the Texas Century Club website: www.texascenturyclub.org. I’ll give full credit for any contributions. My main focus for now is the more obscure Texas counties.

Let’s start with Lipscomb County, possibly the furthest geographically from most of us. It is located in the northeast corner of the panhandle. On eBird it has the lowest count of total species and checklists. There are 3 hotspots listed, but eBird as no details about hotspots. If you’ve visited Lipscomb County and remember any details of existing hotspots or any other place with varying habitats, or “good roads” so to speak, this would be useful. Photos of habitat or entrances, parking or trails can help as well.

Also, if you have any info for any county or location you feel is under birded, or just lacks detailed information that could be helpful, send it my way. I’ll make it available as soon as I can. You can find an example of a well put together document by Peter Keyel on 12 panhandle counties here: http://texascenturyclub.org/index.php?title=County_Listing_Guide_in_the_Southern_High_Plains

Thanks to all of you.

Dell.

Join us on Facebook!