Date: 1/2/20 6:28 pm
From: Michael Mammoser <mmammoser...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] New Year's birding
I went out on the first of January to start my list for the year 2020. Some highlights are below.
BARROW'S GOLDENEYE - female on Shoreline LakeGREAT-TAILED GRACKLE - 2 birds at the Shoreline Lake concessionEURASIAN WIGEON - male on pond A1BLUE-WINGED TEAL - pair at the Palo Alto estuarySNOW GOOSE - continuing 4 birds in Shoreline Park, adjacent to pond A2WGREATER WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE - one adjacent to the pond along Bailey Road in Coyote ValleyCACKLING GOOSE - one adjacent to the pond along Bailey Road in Coyote ValleyLOGGERHEAD SHRIKE - one along Laguna Ave in Coyote ValleyROCK WREN - one at the Coyote Valley OSP parking lotBARN SWALLOW - one at Ogier PondsTRICOLORED BLACKBIRD - 2 at Ogier PondsRING-NECKED DUCK - at least 3 at Ogier PondsMERLIN - one perched along Monterey Hwy south of Bailey RoadFERRUGINOUS HAWK - one roosting along Palm Dr in Coyote Valley
On the second of January I went out in the afternoon and found 3 EVENING GROSBEAKS in downtown Los Altos, and the continuing PHAINOPEPLA at Guadalupe Oak Grove Park.
Michael Mammoser

View/Reply Online (#20929): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/20929
-=-=-
-=-=-