Date: 1/2/20 11:59 am
From: Frank Vanslager via Groups.Io <Vanslagerf=<aol.com...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Possible Swamp Sparrow Again at Alviso Marina on 1/2/20
All:

I started out to add some shorebirds to my year list, but I hadn't anticipated the continuing fog.  At Elizabeth and Gold I couldn't see much of anything from the road, but I returned much later and saw a wisp of Snipe on the island that I hadn't seen earlier.  I only added 11 species to my year list.

At about 10 I started to walk out on the Alviso board walk, when walking along right in front of me was a sparrow with a strong, white throat and dark mustaches.  As it moved away from me, I could clearly see the rufous sides, which had almost no streaking.  The Swamp Sparrow then silently flew down into the marsh, and disappeared.

Frank Vanslager

View/Reply Online (#20926): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/20926
-=-=-
-=-=-