Date: 1/2/20 10:55 am
From: laura ceperley <ceperleylau...>
Subject: January Blues
As a reminder for me to look close at every Canada Goose, we saw a BLUE Goose (a dark morph of a Snow Goose) as well as 2 Greater White-fronted Geese in a mob of CANG, giving us great views before they flew off with the herd to work. At least 3 Great BLUE Herons, including one who insists on squawking overhead at us on every visit). Also some BLUEbirds. And probably the most abundant birds beside CANG were BLUE Jays. Is anyone else noticing lots and lots of Jays moving around now?

Birds of note that are not dressed in blue were hoodies, gadwalls, red-wing BBirds, a brown thrasher, swamp sparrows and yellow-rumped warblers.

A beautiful morning in South Charleston. Laura Ceperley with Christy Carr and Rick Gregg

Join us on Facebook!