Date: 1/2/20 6:31 am
From: Dell Little <dellel1119...>
Subject: [texbirds] RFI Texas Counties
To all Texas county birding enthusiasts.

I am beginning to gather birding details for Texas counties. Obviously, I
will need help from the community. In return, I will post any information I
receive to the Texas Century Club website: www.texascenturyclub.org. I’ll
give full credit for any contributions. My main focus for now is the more
obscure Texas counties.

Let’s start with Lipscomb County, possibly the furthest geographically from
most of us. It is located in the northeast corner of the panhandle. On
eBird it has the lowest count of total species and checklists. There are 3
hotspots listed, but eBird as no details about hotspots. If you’ve visited
Lipscomb County and remember any details of existing hotspots or any other
place with varying habitats, or “good roads” so to speak, this would be
useful. Photos of habitat or entrances, parking or trails can help as well.

Also, if you have any info for any county or location you feel is under
birded, or just lacks detailed information that could be helpful, send it
my way. I’ll make it available as soon as I can. You can find an example of
a well put together document by Peter Keyel on 12 panhandle counties here:
http://texascenturyclub.org/index.php?title=County_Listing_Guide_in_the_Southern_High_Plains

Thanks to all of you.

Dell.

Join us on Facebook!