Date: 1/2/20 4:38 am
From: MIN HUANG via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] CT Bird Atlas Technicians
Happy New Year to all!! We are gearing up for another breeding season already, and we are going to hiring another suite of talented technicians to conduct protocol surveys. This year we will also be looking to conduct some specialized surveys to detect secretive species. If anyone on the list serv is interested (we have been thinking about a couple folks) or know of some people who might be interested in doing some rigid survey work, please pass the below along:

Avian Research Assistant

Dates of Employment: April 3-August 6, 2020

Positions are available to assist with an assessment of the abundance of breeding birds in Connecticut. Work entails conducting point count surveys, specialized surveys for secretive birds, data entry, and data proofing.

Qualifications:

1. Minimum BS in wildlife science, ecology, biology, or related field
2. Ability to identify Northeastern US birds by sound and sight
3. Ability to navigate in the field
4. Ability and willingness to work individually for long hours in potentially adverse field conditions
5. Attention to detail and ability to work under stressful conditions
6. Ability to develop and maintain a database

Responsibilities:

1. Conduct point count surveys for breeding birds
2. Conduct specialized surveys for secretive and difficult to survey birds
3. Maintain database
4. Error check data sheets

Salary:

$14/hour. No housing is available, but a field vehicle will be provided.

To apply, please email or send a cover letter and resume to:

Min T. Huang, Migratory Bird Program Leader
CT DEEP
391 RT 32
N. Franklin CT 06254
<Min.huang...>