Date: 1/1/20 7:44 am
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: Another tie - FOY
My first two birds sitting next to each other were a Dark-eyed Junco and
a Carolina Wren.  The birds certainly took their time showing up this
morning.  Hadn't seen a single one by 7:00 AM.

About an hour later there were lots of Robins in the yard.  I decided to
take my binoculars when I walked my dog in the little subdivision next
door.   Good move.  The ground of one of the yards was covered in
Robins.  I counted over 50.  One yard has two big hackberry trees on
each side of the house.  One of them had Robins on one side but on the
other there were some gorgeous Cedar Waxwings chowing down on the
berries.  They looked like ornaments with the sun illuminating their
yellow breasts.  So much fun to watch them pick the berries, sometimes
hanging upside down,  and then straighten up and toss them back.

Bruni Haydl

Jefferson Co.

Join us on Facebook!