Date: 1/1/20 6:16 am
From: MARIA STOCKMAL via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Red-shouldered Hawk
At 7:30 am today, I watched a Red-shouldered Hawk give chase to a gray-colored squirrel at my feeders.  The squirrel scurried to and fro and was able to escape the hawks grip.  But, it was close.  I was so rooting for the hawk.  I watched the hawk as he was perched in a tree near the feeders watching birds fly near but keeping them at bay at its sight.  And, at the same time, he was keeping an eye on two squirrels consuming ground seed.  He called it quits after an half and hour and flew off.  A good start to the New Year!
Maria StockmalEast Haven