Date: 12/31/19 9:19 pm
From: Richard Gregg <greggra...>
Subject: F.O.Y. Snow Goose
First Of Year Sighting, Last of year sighting:
Snow Goose, immature.
Photos on attached checklist.

Nice way to end 2019!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
May the new decade be even better for us all than the last one.
Treasure the good times. Love those with us. Remember and continue to love the ones lost. Overcome your tribulations.

Rick Gregg
Kanawha Co.

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: <ebird-checklist...>
> Subject: eBird Report - Marmet Lock and Dam, Dec 31, 2019
> Date: January 1, 2020 at 12:07:09 AM EST
> To: <greggra...>
>
> Marmet Lock and Dam, Kanawha, West Virginia, US
> Dec 31, 2019 2:05 PM - 5:05 PM
> Protocol: Traveling
> 1.09 mile(s)
> Checklist Comments: Overcast. Windy. Kanawha river has normal level in the Winfield Pool. Distance is unique for any out and back portions. Observation was from the Belle side of the river.
> 9 species (+1 other taxa)
>
> Snow Goose (Anser caerulescens) 1 About 75% the size of the Canada Geese it was accompanying. Fairly significant "grin" patch. It was in the upstream, (Marmet), pool. First Of Year sighting for me and a nice way to end 2019.
> Canada Goose (Branta canadensis) 65 About 15 were in the Marmet Pool along with the Ross Goose. The rest were on the lock wall on the Winfield Pool side of the dam.
> Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos) 7
> duck sp. (Anatinae sp.) 3 Continuing sighting of green-headed, white-throated brown ducks. Possible a Swedish Duck/Mallard hybrid.
> Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias) 2
> American Kestrel (Falco sparverius) 1
> Carolina Wren (Thryothorus ludovicianus) 1
> Northern Mockingbird (Mimus polyglottos) 1
> American Robin (Turdus migratorius) 12
> Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis) 2
>
> View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S62831010
>
> This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)

Join us on Facebook!