Posts to the IBLE group are not moderated but should follow these general guidelines. Please read the prohibition below the guidelines.
1) All messages are to be signed by the poster, using his/her real name. Along with the name, it is considered good practice to also show your e-mail address, and city from which you post.
2) Messages reporting sightings, should also provide at least minimal information as to where the sighting took place, i.e., State, County, City/Town. Major birding destinations such as Deer Flat NWR, Minidoka NWR, American Falls Reservoir, etc. may be adequate in some situations. However, if the sighting is expected to generate interest sufficient to have other birders travel to view the bird, more detailed directions should be provided, or the name and contact info for someone willing to supply such directions on request.
3) Messages concerning caged birds, feral cats, etc. are strongly discouraged.
4) Messages conveying derogatory statements about any other person, a person's occupation or motives are strictly forbidden, and will be cause for one's membership to be suspended or even terminated for severe or repeated offenses.
5) It is permissible to post digital images to the list, but not more than 1 or 2 at a time and not in excess of 300K total. More extensive collections should be posted to the "Photos" section of the IBLE website. Contact the listowner, if you need more details.
PROHIBITED Posting of directions to the location of any owl nest is not permitted. In addition photos of owls at a nest are not permitted on IBLE. Failure to follow this rule will result in loss of posting privileges. No Exceptions.
Again, enjoy your membership on IBLE, and we look forward to reading your contributions to the group.
Cliff Weisse, owner/moderator <cliffandlisa...> Island Park, ID
Jane Westervelt, owner/moderator <jwestervelt...> Moscow, ID