Date: 12/31/19 11:52 am
From: Marcia Watson <marshwren50...>
Subject: Fwd: [MDBirding] Iceland Gull and sign-off from Schoolhouse Pond
Fred,

I want to give you a public shout-out to recognize your diligence in documenting birdlife at Schoolhouse Pond, not only with your narrative reports to this email list, but also through your daily eBird reports. You mentioned that your life list at Schoolhouse Pond stands at 229. Your reports are the main reason that Schoolhouse Pond is the #1 eBird hotspot in Prince George’s County, in terms of number of species reported. Schoolhouse Pond beats out much larger places in our county, such as Beltsville Ag Research Center, Merkle NRMA, and even South Tract of Patuxent Research Refuge. You contributed the large majority of species reports that built up the list for the pond.

I was interested to know exactly how many eBird checklists you’ve submitted for Schoolhouse Pond over the years, so I looked it up on eBird. That number is 3,465! That’s just an amazing number, way more than I’ve submitted for my own backyard.

Thanks so much for all you’ve done at Schoolhouse Pond. We’ll all miss your reports, but I’m sure you’re going to find a new favorite place for your daily walks. Best wishes in retirement.

PS: I apologize if there are multiple copies of this - for some reason it’s not going through to the email group.

Marcia
------------
Marcia Watson
Patuxent Bird Club