Date: 12/31/19 11:29 am
From: Dick & Jeanette Esker <eskerrb...>
Subject: Parkersburg CBC
The Parkersburg Christmas Bird Count was Saturday, December 28. We had a good day. This was our 40th anniversary. The first count was December 29, 1979, organized by Brent Bailey.

The weather cooperated. One new bird was added to our list – Common Raven. Several uncommon ones were found – Great Egret, Cackling Goose and Merlin. Ducks, gulls and White-crowned Sparrows were low. Flickers, Pileated Woodpeckers, Carolina Wrens and Brown Creepers were plentiful. Owls were also high, probably because of the increase in owling hours.

Thanks to all who participated.

Dick & Jeanette Esker
Wood County

Parkersburg Christmas Bird Count