Date: 12/30/19 6:54 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] 12/29 Cutler Park Dedham/Needham Marsh Wrens, Bald Eagle etc.
Thanks to Paul Peterson for this report.

Barbara Volkle
Northborough, MA
<barb620...>

*

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 00:02:50 +0000 (UTC)
From: Paul Peterson <petersonpaul63...>

I birded here from 1:00-4:40. I covered the entire Dedham portion,(
including Pine Island), as well as a small portion in Needham. (where
the MARSH WRENS were, as well as most of the Swamp Sparrows). I arrived
at the long boardwalk in Needham at dusk. My pishing brought up three
Swamp Sparrows and THREE MARSH WRENS. (all heard, and one seen). Park at
the area for two or three cars on Needham St. in Dedham, just before the
Needham line. You will see a bulletin board there. The walk from your
car to the boardwalk is two minutes. Pine Island and the boardwalk were
very productive:

Common Merganser 5
BALD EAGLE 1  immature flyover at Cow Island
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Hairy Woodpecker 2
Fish Crow 25  flyover; calling
MARSH WREN 3 See Above
Carolina Wren 6
Winter Wren 1  near beginning of Pine Island Trail; right-hand side
Golden-crowned Kinglet 3 ditto
YELLOW-BREASTED CHAT possible; ditto; up in tree with berries
Swamp Sparrow 5
White-throated Sparrow 13

Paul Peterson
<petersonpaul63...>