Date: 12/30/19 4:43 pm
From: Max Miller <miller.max...>
Subject: [cobirds] Goose hybrid at Belmar Park, Jefferson?
Hi everyone,

[image: 1000070.jpg]

[image: 1000071.jpg]
I was out at Belmar Park yesterday afternoon when I spotted this goose
among a group of Cackling Geese. These are the best shots I could get:
unfortunately he never lifted his head while I was present. You can still
make out black on his crown, the white cheek bordered by a little black,
and the stark white neck speckled in spots by more black. My best guess is
this might be a Cackling x Ross's or Cackling x Snow hybrid, but I wonder
if anyone else has any other/better ideas?

Thanks!

Max Miller, Denver