Date: 12/30/19 3:40 pm
From: Bill Lafley <blafley...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] letter to New York Times - John Kricher
Hello,

Although I agree with John and was troubled when I read the article he references in his letter I would also add that if we have lost 3 billion birds over the last 50 years (under our watch with the Migratory Bird Treaty Act being enforced aggressively) then instead of looking for villains perhaps all of US have to redouble our efforts to change our life styles, lobby our legislators, support conservation efforts, etc, etc if we want to preserve the diversity of bird life for not only our grandchildren but even our grandchildren’s grandchildren.

Bill Lafley
New Salem
<blafley...>

> On Dec 30, 2019, at 5:28 PM, Barbara Volkle <barb620...> wrote:
>
> John Kricher shared this - massbird readers might be interested in reading a letter that he wrote published in the New York Times this morning. It concerns the gutting of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.
>
> Here is the link: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/29/opinion/letters/bird-deaths.html
>
> Thanks, John!
>

> Barbara Volkle
> Northborough, MA