Date: 12/30/19 7:55 am
From: Pat <pvaldata1...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Common Loon
We just watched a Common Loon surface with a large fish that took about 5 minutes to dispatch. The loon repeatedly bit at the fish and dove with the fish in its mouth. Finally it positioned the fish properly and got it down. Amazing to see the huge bulge in the loon's throat after that.Otherwise a quiet morning here: a few sleepy Buffleheads, the usual flock of piglets (House Finches).Pat ValdataCrisfield, MDSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone