Date: 12/30/19 7:46 am
From: Lynette Leka <lynetteleka...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Leucistic junco (?)
how interesting to see Carol's post - I saw a junco in my yard this morning that looked just like her photo; it took me a minute of "what in the world is that bird?" before the bill and leg color, shape and behavior registered as junco, then I just assumed it was a pale, almost peachy-colored female; the back was solid color, with no appearance of contrast in the feather edges - could they be hybridization with Oregon?

(by)..."not noticing birds in one's daily environment, one misses a whole segment of life on earth that can deliver joy every day." Bruce M. Beehler, 2019

Lynette Leka
Newbury, MA 01951
email: <lynette.leka...>

On Sunday, December 29, 2019, 3:35:11 PM EST, Carol Baird Molander <cbmolander...> wrote:

My husband and I saw this dark-eyed junco among several others today. Is it a leucistic bird, a sub-species or just very light in coloring? Ebird link included.Any thoughts?https://ebird.org/checklist/S62734584
Thank you,Carol MolanderCarol B. <Molandercbmolander...> Home508-641-0991 Cell

Join us on Facebook!