Date: 12/30/19 5:31 am
From: Tim Carney <timmyc83...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Swan Creek birdwalk - Sat, Jan 25

Good morning,

Dan Haas and I will be co-leading a birdwalk at Swan Creek Wetlands and Cox
Creek Dredged Material Containment Facility (DMCF) on Saturday, January 25.
The walk will be held from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM. We must be offsite at
11:00. The walk will involve extensive walking on a rock/dirt path. There
is minimal shade, and we will need to cross moving water at one point.
Snowy and icy conditions are possible. Please dress appropriately and wear
sturdy footwear.

While onsite, we will carefully sort through winter waterfowl and also
spend time looking for rails, unusual sparrows, and whatever else is
around. We will be divided into two groups of roughly 20 participants each.
One group will visit the wetlands while the other checks the DMCF, and then
the groups will switch. Both groups will see the same areas of the site.

The walk is limited to 40 participants. You may reserve two spots. Please
provide a name and email address for each participant. I will also create a
waiting list if we exceed 40 responses. There is no raindate this time, and
the walk will be canceled if the forecast is calling for rain/high winds or
inclement winter weather.

This walk is offered by Maryland Environmental Service (MES) on behalf of
Maryland Department of Transportation Maryland Port Administration (MDOT
MPA).

Please email tcarney [at] menv [dot] com if you would like to sign up. I
can also provide a site map and directions for first-time visitors.

Thanks,

Tim Carney