Date: 12/29/19 5:37 pm
From: Sandra Keller <000006b65d80f212-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Cumberland cbc - my thoughts
Terry Lodge joined me for an interesting day! Thankfully the rain held off
to the early afternoon. It was slow numbers wise. But how about 68 Meadowlarks
in one small field! The Millville airport. WOW! Shattered the filter. Probably
a personal high count for me also. Big miss - no Winter Wrens.? Bluebird numbers
low. Etc. Not the Grackle numbers I was expecting. I presume they are wintering
elsewhere.

We only hit the highlight areas in my usual section. I have other spots i usually
hit, but they are usually very unbirdy. Covered half of another area. That was
fun! That Cohansy wma is a spot I have been meaning to bird. Finally got
to it today. i will be back! Nothing out of the ordinary for us. except for some
species and numbers. We had one flock of 32 Chippies in this other area we hit
for example. It had started a steady rain by now though. Difficult birding but we
did some car birding. I was surprised at the lack of stuff flying. I presume the
weather affected that.

I'll be curious to read the full numbers once they are all compiled. Been a good
year for Chippies, but Meadowlarks?

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini