Date: 12/29/19 11:02 am
From: Eve Meier <eve.m.meier...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Almaden Quicksilver Park - McAbee entrance
Yesterday, I covered the McAbee entrance to Almaden Quicksilver County Park
for yesterday's Calero-Morgan Hill CBC. I hiked up Mine Hill Trail, took
the Guadalupe Trail past the reservoir, and hiked down Senador Mine Trail
ending up with a total of 42 species. (Last year we had 47 species.)
Notable misses were California Thrashers, White-tailed Kites, and American
Kestrels. Fun birds were a pair of GOLDEN EAGLES, 2 RUFOUS-CROWNED
SPARROWS, and 1 BROWN CREEPER. Regulars spotted in abundance were ACORN
WOODPECKERS, CALIFORNIA SCRUB-JAYS, RUBY-CROWNED KINGLETS, HUTTON'S VIREOS,
WHITE-BREASTED NUTHATCHES, OAK TITMICE, AND HERMIT THRUSH.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S62714058

Eve Meier (San Jose)

View/Reply Online (#20902): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/20902
-=-=-