Date: 12/28/19 9:44 pm
From: Bill Bousman <barlowi...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Calero-Morgan Hill CBC, South Almaden
Folks:

I did my usual South Almaden Section for the CBC.  I only found one
RUFOUS-CROWNED SPARROW all day; in some years I've managed 10.  I walked
the Calero Creek Trail from San Vicente to Harry and things were quiet.
No gnatcatchers walking out, but two BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHERS were in the
California sagebrush and black sage not far from the end of San Vicente
on my way back (photo attached). Walking the northern loop at Rancho San
Vicente, I spotted a ROCK WREN along the ridge above the parking lot,
perched on a rock, of course.  I assume that the adult GOLDEN EAGLE
skimming the ridges near there was one of the pair that has nested in
this area for so many years.

Bill Bousman
Menlo Park

View/Reply Online (#20900): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/20900