Date: 12/27/19 5:41 pm
From: tgrey41 <tgrey...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Evening Grosbeak pix
The clear sky this morning got me to shake my old bones and head to
downtown Los Altos. Like Frank V in his report, I walked around the area
for quite a while to no avail, checking out on the relatively few pistache
trees still showing lots of red berries. But the target birds turned out be
at trees without masses of bright red, at the busy corner of Main and 3d;
they seemed to be eating berries that had dried out.

Here are a male and a female:
https://pbase.com/tgrey/image/170239303
https://pbase.com/tgrey/image/170239306

And here a male taking flight: