Date: 12/27/19 4:30 pm
From: Eve Meier <eve.m.meier...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Eurasian Wigeon and Ferruginous Hawk
Hi Everyone,

This afternoon I sat on the picnic benches in the Calero Reservoir boat
launch parking lot to scan for waterfowl. I spotted one EURASIAN WIGEON on
the east side of the reservoir along with RUDDY DUCKS, BUFFLEHEADS, COMMON
MERGANSERS, GADWALLS, SHOVELERS, and a couple of GREEN-WINGED TEALS. The
CLARK'S and WESTERN GREBES were hanging out on the opposite end of the
reservoir and I didn't see the Bald Eagles that had been reported there.
ebird list: https://ebird.org/checklist/S62678748
<https://ebird.org/checklist/S62680802>

Next, I stopped by Laguna Ave and as I was puzzling over the 8 or so decoy
mallard ducks in the field, I noticed a FERRIGINOUS HAWK perched on the
ground. Becky Carol happened by and when I went to show her the bird, it
was gone. We both realized it must be flying and we refound it just in
time for it to pass right over our heads! Needless to say but we were both
pretty excited about that sighting!
ebird list: https://ebird.org/checklist/S62680802

Happy Birding!
Eve Meier (San Jose)