Date: 12/27/19 7:30 am
From: Aidan Kiley via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Barnacle Goose Hybrids
Paul,

A couple of birders including myself suggested Barnacle x Cackling rather
than Canada due to the size of the birds and the size of their bills. The
hybrids are almost the exact same size as the Barnacle and have tiny bills.

I sought out confirmation from Steve Mlodinow, arguably the top North
American goose expert. He confirms Barnacle x Cackling.

He also confirmed odd Richardson's for the dark Cackling in the flock.

Aidan Kiley
Fairfield