Date: 12/26/19 1:40 pm
From: Harvey Tomlinson <oddbirdsin...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] NJ Birds
If I've missed something shoot me an email....

Wanted to get Bragging Rights for New Jersey as we have had a superb Fall
Season...I am not posting photos but all the birds listed are review birds
here in NJ. The NJRBC is going to be very busy vetting...but almost all the
birds were photographed and seen by many...In no particular order: 1
Bohemian Waxwing in Sept. 2 Rufous Hummingbirds at the end of August.
Followed by 2 Black-chinned Hummingbirds and another Rufous later in the
season. A White-winged Dove at a homeowners feeder.Golden-crowned Sparrow,
Harris's Sparrow in the Magic Field.One day NJ we had 7 Ash-throated
Flycatchers recorded on one day. We hosted 2 Western Flycatchers. One
Pacific-Slope ( position note recorded ) and another in Cape May ( DNA
collected and we are awaiting results ). Mountain Bluebird ( sadly feathers
were found confirming it's passing). 4 Brown Booby sightings along with
about 4 Western Kingbirds. A Cassin's Kingbird was photographed for a First
State record. Vermillion Flycatcher, Bell's Vireo, and Townsend's Warbler
from Sandy Hook. Woodstork..which also died and made it's way to the
Academy in Pa for research. Brewers Blackbird. A California Gull...the
second this year! 2 Barnacle Geese...and just recently a Western Tanager.
It's been a Great Fall season even though Hawk numbers were the second
worse ever recorded, and only a few good passerine flights. Good Birding
and Happy New Year

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>
List archives: https://lists.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=jerseybi