Date: 12/25/19 12:24 pm
From: Eve Meier <eve.m.meier...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Two local sidewalks/trails
Hi Everyone,

This morning I decided to stay close to home and on paved paths. I started with the 1/2 mile portion of the Guadalupe Creek Trail that runs alongside Sycamore Creek off of Guadalupe Mines Rd in San Jose. The best bird here was a single WHITE-THROATED SPARROW. I also saw plenty of CHESTNUT-BACKED CHICKADEES, OAK TITMICE, TOWNSEND'S WARBLERS, BUSHTITS, WHITE-BREASTED NUTHATCHES, and ACORN WOODPECKERS. https://ebird.org/checklist/S62613595

After that, I switched to a sidewalk (1/2 mile) that runs along Hicks Rd on the opposite side of the creek from the Guadalupe Creek Trail. I parked on Shannon Oaks Rd. Besides approximately the same species I saw on the opposite side of the creek, I was able to find one RED-BREASTED SAPSUCKER and could hear a CALIFORNIA QUAIL calling from the grassy hillside. https://ebird.org/checklist/S62615233

Happy Holidays!
Eve Meier (San Jose)

View/Reply Online (#20890): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/20890
-=-=-