Date: 12/25/19 10:44 am
From: Alvaro Jaramillo <chucao...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Evening Grosbeaks
Bill

Here is some background and a map of the breeding range of the various types.

http://blog.aba.org/2012/12/five-species-of-evening-grosbeakslets-find-out-together.html

Here is more detail on the call types.

https://ebird.org/news/evening-grosbeak-call-types-of-north-america

http://earbirding.com/blog/archives/1601

Here are some of my sightings from southern Oregon, two different call types in the same region, type 1 and 2 were there. The assumption is that type 1 should be the one we get here most commonly. The recordings that Ginger made are of type 1, so western vs Sierra birds.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S13017191

https://ebird.org/checklist/S13040715

Alvaro

Alvaro Jaramillo