Date: 12/25/19 10:20 am
From: William Pelletier via Groups.Io <wrpelletier=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Evening Grosbeaks
Alvaro,
How, pray-tell, can you tell what region an Evening Grosbeak is from by their calls?!? I would love to learn that trick!
We used to have them by the score back in the day in Maine but their populations have dropped dramatically to where you hardly see them at all anymore :(
Thanks,Bill P
On Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 12:16:49 PM PST, Ginger Langdon-Lassagne via Groups.Io <binzer=<me.com...> wrote:

Hi all,
We did get some okay (not great) audio recordings this morning. Urban bird call recording is a challenge, to find a few segments of calls that aren't drowned out by human conversations, car noise, plane noise, barking dogs, construction crashes…but a few seconds is better than nothing?
ebird checklist here: https://ebird.org/checklist/S62591928
I would love to hear if anyone can tease out the breeding region for these lovely winter visitors.
Ginger

All,   If anyone can get some recordings (you can do it on your iphone – voice memo) and then upload it to an eBird list, they may be identifiable to call type and we can get a better idea of what region they came from. Thanks, Alvaro   Alvaro <Jaramilloalvaro...> From: <southbaybirds...> <southbaybirds...> On Behalf Of Ginger Langdon-Lassagne via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2019 10:01 AM
To: <southbaybirds...>
Cc: <southbaybirds...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Evening Grosbeaks  Currently seeing 12 grosbeaks high in a bare tree in the parking plaza behind LindenTree books. Very vocal!

On Dec 24, 2019, at 8:54 AM, Rita Colwell <colwell.rita...> wrote:

They were seen and heard this morning at 8:30 on Main Street in Los Altos in the two pistachio trees in front of Opa Restaurant.

View/Reply Online (#20887): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/20887
-=-=-
-=-=-
Group Owner: southbaybirds+<owner...>