Date: 12/25/19 10:04 am
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: Christmas treats
When I opened the front door yesterday a Bluebird was sitting on the
railing.  Turned out there was another one in the bouquet of Fraser fir
greens I had in a container.  Since Nandina berries are poisonous I'd
added some red cedar branches instead.  They were loaded with blue
berries that the birds really enjoy.   To my surprise I spotted a
Yellow-rumped Warbler foraging in the leaves in a flower bed.

There was a lot of bird activity on my dog walk this morning. Wish I'd
taken my binoculars.  Lots of Robins, several Red-bellied Woodpeckers as
well as a nice YB Sapsucker.  A handsome fox also crossed the road.  It
was odd seeing only three Canada Geese fly over.  The three Wise Geese
instead of Wise Men.  Several hours later two large V's came up from the
river.

Lots of Gold and House Finches. White-throated Sparrows and Song
Sparrows at the feeders and the bird baths.  Still hoping for a Fox
Sparrow or Purple Finch.

Merry Christmas to all!

Bruni Haydl

Jefferson Co, WV