Date: 12/24/19 2:58 pm
From: Rankin, Gary <rankin...>
Subject: Pipits, Peregrines and Pintails
I decided to take this morning and explore Rte 2 from Green Bottom WMA to Pt. Pleasant and along part of Rte. 817. The highlights were three Am. Pipits and 6 N. Pintail at Gallipoli Ferry and a Peregrine Falcon on the silver bridge at Pt. Pleasant. Along Rte. 817, I found a group of over 24 E. Meadowlarks sitting in a few low trees. They looked like yellow and brown Christmas tree ornaments! Early morning fog prevented any birding at Green Bottom WMA and the Robert C. Byrd Locks & Dam. Some of the birds seen this morning are shown below:

Ashton Ponds
Belted Kingfisher 1
Carolina Wren 1

Ohio River - Hay bales